Emergency Pet Care for Pets of All Ages and Types
While All Pets Vet Hospital provides the highest level of routine care possible, we also realize a need for veterinary emergency care for your pet. We want to make sure that during non-business hours our clients have a safe and reliable place to turn.
While we are not a 24-hour emergency hospital, pet owners can call ahead (908) 707-1555 and, if we are available, you can rest assured your pets will be offered treatment. We provide emergency care for any level of pet emergency. Whether illness or injury, dog or cat, our doctors are prepared and our hospital is a state-of-the-art facility designed to meet all patient and client needs.
If you are unsure that the behavior or condition your pet is exhibiting is something that should be examined right away, we encourage you to call us and speak with our technicians or veterinarians at any time. We welcome phone consultations and would rather your mind is put at ease and that your pet is safe than you spend time worried and uncertain about your pet’s condition.
All Pets Vet Hospital is equipped for advanced and comprehensive pet care and surgery. This makes us your leading option for emergency and critical care. Here is a list of situations—compiled by the American Veterinary Medical Association—you should consider an emergency:
- Severe bleeding, or bleeding that doesn’t stop within 5 minutes
- Choking, difficulty breathing, or nonstop coughing and gagging
- Bleeding from the nose, mouth, rectum, coughing up blood, or blood in the urine
- Inability to urinate or pass feces (stool), or obvious pain associated with urinating or passing stool
- Injuries to your pet’s eye(s)
- Eating something poisonous (such as antifreeze, xylitol, chocolate, rodent poison, etc.)
- Seizures and/or staggering
- Fractured bones, severe lameness or inability to move leg(s)
- Obvious signs of pain or extreme anxiety
- Heat stress or heatstroke
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea—more than two episodes in a 24-hour period, or either of these combined with obvious illness or any of the other problems listed here
- Refusal to drink for 24 hours or more
If your pet has an emergency situation and you are unable to reach us, please contact:
All Pets Vet Hospital hopes that you never need emergency care for your pet, but we know it is important to have your home veterinarian available when there is a need.