One of the innovative therapies we offer at All Pets Vet Hospital for canine rehabilitation is the underwater treadmill. It’s effective because it provides a controlled and comforting warm-water environment, where specific joints or muscle groups may be targeted.
Specifically, the underwater environment creates reduced weight-bearing, enabling more limb movement. This is especially beneficial for pets with arthritis, as well as, for geriatric and senior pets. The underwater treadmill also creates a low-impact workout for increasing muscle strength and cardiovascular endurance for all pets recovering from injury or surgery.
Treatments can be customized through variable water heights, accommodating different sized dogs and various weight-bearing exercises.
Other benefits include:
- Improved muscle strength and endurance
- Reduced healing time by improving circulation
- Reduced need for pain medications
- Reduced swelling and improved management of acute and chronic pain
- Improved joint range of motion
- Improved cardiovascular function